About Vanguard Economics
Vanguard Economics was founded in 2015 in Kigali as an advisory and research firm with the purpose to create a Rwanda based firm that delivers high-quality socio-economic and strategic research services tailored to the Rwandan context. Based on the notion that “social change is not a project that one group of people carries out for the benefit of another”, our main strategic goal is to build the next generation of Rwandan researchers in our areas of expertise. Our clients include Governments, private firms, multilateral institutions, foundations, and NGOs
About the Position
We're seeking to bring onboard a seasoned Quantitative Lead. Our focus? Harnessing the power of data and equipping our enthusiastic young researchers with the tools to excel.
Are you fascinated by the world of numbers and have an innate ability to translate complex data into actionable insights? Do you thrive in an environment where you can mentor and guide a dynamic team of researchers? If this sounds like you, we've been on the lookout for someone just like you!
- A Master's degree or PhD in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Economics, or any related field.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in quantitative research, with significant exposure to an African context.
- Extensive expertise in data analysis, with proficiency in statistical software such as R, Python, SPSS, SAS, Stata.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with a history of managing a team in a research environment.
- A proven track record of crafting well-received research proposals and reports.
- A comprehensive understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) methodologies.
- Proficiency in English, with knowledge of Kinyarwanda being an asset.
- Rwandan nationals are highly encouraged to apply
- Provide inspiring leadership to our team of approximately 10 young Rwandan researchers, developing their skills, and fostering a culture of excellence.
- Drive the design and implementation of robust quantitative research methodologies, including surveys and monitoring & evaluation (M&E/MEL).
- Lead the charge in data analysis, transforming numbers into meaningful insights that guide our clients' decisions.
- Uphold our reputation for superb client relations, ensuring high levels of satisfaction through dedicated service delivery.
- Craft compelling research proposals that align both with our clients' objectives and our firm's strategic vision.
- Promote capacity building within our team, preparing members to take on tasks independently while continuing their professional growth.
- Apply your understanding of statistical analyses/econometrics to elevate the rigour and impact of our research.
- Utilize your experience with surveys in the African context to guide the planning and execution of resonant research projects.
What we Offer
- Work with talented, diverse and motivated team members
- Be part of the team that is addressing Socio-economic gaps through our projects.
- We offer competitive salary based on the labour market and candidate's experience
- Medical cover for you and your family
- Paid annual leave - 25 days
- Other comprehensive benefits including study leave, maternity and paternity leave, remote work policy etc.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
How to apply
Fill your information by clicking on the apply for this job link. Keep your Resume to a maximum of 2 pages and a 1 page cover letter.
Submission Deadline: August 26th 2023